February 13, 2014

How Old is the Oakland Arena?

Last night's Warriors-Heat game was probably the best game you'll see all year in the NBA. The Heat had a big lead on the Warriors only to let it slip away finally needing a last second Lebron 3 to win the game for them. In between that time a piece of disco ball fell from the Oakland Arena roof and delayed the game. Yes, I said disco ball making me wonder just how old is the Oakland Arena?



I love how that idiot Bob Fitzgerald thought a fan threw something on the court. Because fans are totally allowed to bring glass objects into stadiums and arenas still.

3 comments:

  1. I'm one of the many Warriors fans who are in full support of the proposed arena in San Francisco in large part because of things like this. Yeah, I know Chris Cohan renovated it back in the 90s, but the place I called the Coliseum Arena when I was a Contra Costa County resident is in every bit as bad of shape as the [insert Silicon Valley company here] Coliseum is.

    I, for one, look forward to the sewage system at Oracle malfunctioning. It'll make me cringe and you laugh. Fun for the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I and a lot of other people don't want to see them build right on that pier. I hope they get a new arena but not there.

      Delete
    2. I don't disagree. If there were ever a situation where the Warriors had a playoff game the same time the Giants were playing a home game, every single street in that part of the City would be a parking lot for hours.

      Delete