May 7, 2013

Why You Should Watch Until The End

I'm not going to lie. I went to bed and stopped watching the Spurs-Warriors game when there was about 8 minutes left in the game. It looked over in my defense. The Spurs looked old, slow, and they couldn't stop Curry if they had a cattle prod. The Warriors were also not missing anything. They were shooting almost 60% from the field which is crazy. The game was over.

Until it wasn't. The Spurs came back from a 16-point deficit with four minutes left to play to send the game to overtime. Then the game was sent to a 2nd overtime. And then Manu Ginobili did this.



And now the Warriors still haven't won in San Antonio since I was nine years old. And Wednesday night's game is going to be very good.

I'm not sure how the rest of this series will play out now. I'm sure San Antonio won't fall apart like the Nuggets did but have the Spurs finally figured out their Curry problem by putting Kawhi Leonard on him? Leonard held Curry to 6 points in the fourth quarter which is a big reason why San Antonio came back. Could that be San Antonio's difference? We'll see on Wednesday and the rest of the series. One thing is for sure, this will be a fun series and a reason not to go to bed before the game ends.

4 comments:

  1. LOL....only you would go to bed too early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jet-lagged from my brother's wedding and on about 3 hours sleep today in part because of that and this stupid game. As you resident Warriors fan, you should know that it was still sleep deprivation well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Spurs aren't going to stop Curry, but I think they're going to wear him down by continually rotating guys on him. Curry played all but 4 seconds last night and I'm not sure that's a sustainable pace with all of his ankle issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truthfully, I'm viewing this series much the same way I did the Warriors/Jazz series in 2007. The other three teams left in the West are not great matchups for this team, so anything else beyond this series is just icing on the cake for me at least.

      Delete