Last Night, Chicago traded Jake Peavy to Boston who traded Jose Iglesias to Detroit because Jhonny Peralta is about to be suspended and Detroit sent Avisail Garcia to Chicago. Garcia is a typical White Sox hitter, low OBP. He'll fit right in with Chicago's group of hackers.
8:54: Well this is promising
Can't believe all the teams who say they have virtually nothing going. Exec:"I think this goes down in history as deadest deadline day ever"10:00: Yep, pretty much how I feel. Boring deadline.
— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) July 31, 2013
Dear Trade Deadline, We all appreciate the foreplay and the teasing but it's time for some penetration. This room has an hourly rate.Update: kt1000 filled in again while I was away at meetings and doctor's appointments. (Thanks kt1000) Here's what happened:
— Jason Parks (@ProfessorParks) July 31, 2013
- The Orioles trades Hoes for Bud Norris.
- The Dodgers traded for the backup of the backup catcher from the Twins.
- Ian Kennedy went to San Diego for relievers.
- Justin Maxwell was traded to Kansas City for some reason.
- The Giants didn't trade anyone because when you can hold onto assets from a crappy team, you have to do it.