January 9, 2013

Welp







Well it looks like it's finally going to happen. The Sacramento Kings will be moving. Not to Anaheim, or Virginia Beach, or to Vegas, or to the Moon but to Seattle. And well I can't say I'm surprised.

Here was the thing with the Maloofs, they were going to get paid no matter what without paying for something else in return. The Maloofs were never going to even half-fund an arena with the city of Sacramento and then sign a lease like they're renting an apartment. And they were never going to sell the team to an owner or ownership group that was going to keep them in Sacramento. And there will always be an idiot who's going to overpay. Like the idiots in Seattle.

Here's my favorite part of the deal also via Woj:



A big reason why the Kings weren't sold six years ago is that Joe and Gavin Maloof like being NBA owners. They like sitting courtside with their bimbo's dressed like 15-year old boys. Now the Maloofs get to pretend like they still own a team when in reality they don't.

My ultimate hope is that the Maloofs will lose that 500 million and you know what? I don't doubt they will blow through that cash. They'll invest it into Vodka or skateboard parks or crappy clothing lines or try to buy back the Palms and send it back into bankruptcy. There's always a little karmic justice in the world. And when the Maloofs do lose their money, I'm just going to sit back and laugh.

As far as the Kings leaving and how I feel, well there's a tinge of sadness. The Maloofs have done everything in the world to piss me and other Kings off to the point of not following this team. And they succeeded with me. I don't enjoy watching the Kings right now and barely watch at all. So yes I'm sad the Kings are leaving. I'm sad that the devoted fans behind the "Here We Stay" movement. I'm sad that Chris Webber and Vlade Divac won't have basketball homes anymore. I'm not bitter at Seattle, just sad that it came down to this.

Right now I'm not thinking straight and maybe none of this will make sense to you, but one day I'll write about my true feelings about all of this. In the meantime, I'm going to watch YouTube videos of Jason Williams, Mike Bibby, and Chris Webber.

IN OTHER NEWS: Just throwing this out, but I wanted to say that the baseball writers are idiots. GOOD DAY NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment