November 12, 2012

Donovan McNabb Isn't Alone

Full disclosure: I watched the 49ers give up 14 points in the Rams in the first quarter before even scoring themselves before I went out to the movies and dinner. (I watched the new James Bond movie Skyfall which I thought was OK as a movie) When I got out of the theater (that movie was way too long) and was waiting for a table at the restaurant I looked at my phone for the 49ers score. When I looked at the score I couldn't believe my eyes. The Rams-49ers game ended in a tie. This is the first tie since the infamous Bengals-Eagles game where Donovan McNabb didn't know a game could end in a tie. Well good ole Donovan isn't alone anymore.

49ers safety Dashon Goldson didn't know a football game could end in a tie,"I've never heard of a tie in football," Goldson said. "Where's everybody going? Did somebody quit? Forfeit?" That's a Washington education for you. (Kidding) That would be funny if a game was over because someone quit or forfeit the game with a white flag. Kinda like the "Thriller in Manila" with Joe Frazier's trainer stopping the fight.

So the 49ers game ended in a tie and I didn't see it because I was watching James Bond and then Dashon Goldson joined the Donovan McNabb club of not knowing the OT rules. Terrific! Oh and DeMarcus Cousins was also suspended yesterday for confronting Spurs broadcaster Sean Elliot. Weird day in the Northern California sports scene.

(Quote via CSN Bay Area)

1 comment:

  1. I won't lie, I had a weird feeling when that game ended. I was like, "it's over?" Games ending in a tie in football are always weird. It's just over.

    ReplyDelete