October 16, 2012

A Little Rant

I need to rant about something. This has been on my mind for a while and it's time to finally talk about it here. I hate the take out slide at 2nd base in baseball. Watch this video to see what I mean.



Baseball isn't a violent game like football or hockey and the takeout slide at 2nd or running into the catcher are violent plays. The 2nd base takeout slide truthfully pisses me off more than taking out a catcher at home plate. A catcher usually has time to set himself up for the hit and he's protected with gear. A 2nd baseman or shortstop has no protection. They're completely helpless against the base runner and their lower half of their bodies are completely exposed to injury.

Also what I didn't like about that Holliday-Scutaro play was the fact Holliday didn't even slide in front of the bag. He slide over the bag and right into Scutaro's legs. Scutaro appears he's going to be fine, he's still scheduled for an MRI, but should thankfully continue playing.

Scutaro would get his revenge in the game.



Thankfully for Scutaro and the Giants, Holliday ain't the most graceful fielder in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment