September 17, 2010

NFL Week 2 Picks

Since this has been a slow news week and I'm staying as far away as possible from the Ines Sainz situation, I thought I would finish the week off with some NFL picks. I'm terrible at picking games so I would bet against every team that I'm picking.

Green Bay over Buffalo
Probably the easiest game on the schedule to pick. Buffalo travels to Green Bay with a quarterback who looks frightened. I almost feel sorry for Tent Edwards. I say almost because Trent went to Stanford and I feel no sympathy for Stanford grads.

Tennessee over Pittsburgh
Dennis Dixon did just enough for Pittsburgh to help them beat Atlanta last week. This week he has to travel to Nashville to take on a team than annihilated the Raiders last week. The question for this game is will Chris Johnson be able to run wild against that Pittsburgh defense? Does Vince Young have enough in him to beat Pittsburgh? Fascinating game to watch if you like low scoring slug fests.

Baltimore over Cincinnati
The schedule makers must hate the Ravens. They have to play a division opponent on the road, just six days after playing a tough New York Jets team on the road. And if you need any reason to bet against me, last week I predicted the Bengals would win this division and then they laid an egg in New England. Once again, bet against me any chance you get.



Detroit over Philadelphia
Philly is a hot mess right now. Michael Vick (aka the Dream Crusher) will start this game, Andy Reid calls plays, and they were devastated by injuries in week one alone. Detroit on the other hand is coming off a loss were they felt they were screwed by the refs. I'm also picking Detroit because Shaun Hill is good for at least one game a year where he looks spectacular suckering into believing the 49ers should start him over Alex Smith. (Whoops! Just let my personal monologue speak.)

Falcons over Arizona
I'm losing more and more faith in Matt Ryan. He's regressed since that playoff loss to Arizona where he looked lost. As for Arizona, Derek Anderson falls under the "Steve DeBerg Corollary." He's just good enough to lose games for your team.

Minnesota over Miami
Brett Favre against New Orleans looked old. I'll give Favre this though, he played well against a team that was fired up and had an incredible crowd supporting him. Favre will have his own incredible crowd supporting him this week and the Minnesota defense is still great. Go with the Vikings this week.

Cleveland over Kansas City
I'm not buying into the Kansas City hype. Matt Cassel looked terrible against San Diego. The defense, special teams, the weather and drunk Kansas City fans helped the Chiefs beat San Diego on Monday night. I don't trust this team on the road, even if they're playing Cleveland.

Panthers over Tampa Bay
Whatever. Check out this video from Fail Blog.

Dallas over Chicago
I wanted to pick Chicago, but I couldn't for a couple of reasons. 1) Chicago is on the road 2) They were really not that impressive against Detroit 3) Mike Martz is their offensive coordinator 4) Jay Cutler will throw a late game crucial interception.

Seattle over Denver
I have a question about the Pete Carroll era in Seattle. How long will his act last before it gets tired? Carroll looked like his USC self on Sunday jumping up and down on the sidelines, celebrating with the players, smiling and having fun. How long until that act wears out? What happens when Seattle loses a couple of games in a row and the players become tired of the act?

St. Louis over Oakland
Thankfully this hot mess of a game is blackout in my area. I'd rather watch old episodes of Matlock than this game.

San Diego over Jacksonville
I want to call out San Diego residents. What the hell is the matter with you? You can't support your teams? The Padres are competing down the pennant stretch and you ballpark is either empty or flooded with Phillies and Giants fans. And now you won't even sell out your own football stadium prompting the game to be blacked out in your area. I don't ever want to hear San Diego fans claim the economy, because you've had problems selling out your stadiums in a good economy.

New England over New York Jets
It's amazing that team full of bravado, their quarterback looks petrified. Seriously, watch Mark Sanchez. He looks scared to even throw down field. He throws checkdown pass after checkdown pass. First sign that your quarterback is in full panic mode, trust me I know. (Alex Smith's favorite pass? That's right the checkdown.)

Washington over Houston
Classic trap game. Houston looked incredible last week so everyone is picking them to win this week. Not me, they haven't won a big road game yet.

Indianapolis over New York Giants
The Giants weren't that impressive to me last week. They beat on the Carolina Panthers last week which is like beating up the weakest kid in school. Peyton spanks Eli in front of their parents and then will be sent to his room without supper.

New Orleans over San Francisco
If New Orleans doesn't blow out the 49ers on Monday night, I'll be surprised. The 49ers are falling apart right now. After being blown out by Seattle last week, the team has done nothing but point fingers at each other and are on a hunt for a rat. What a mess and just another example if Alex Smith is leading your team they're destined for a 7-9 record. The 49ers need to stop pretending the Mike Singletary/Alex Smith era is working and just blow everything up.

3 comments:

  1. Unless Vick gets hurt and the Eagles have to play Mike Kafka, I am still confident that even an injury-ravaged Eagles squad can beat the Lions, especially without Stafford.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Detroit over Philadelphia

    Did I read that right? Who just had the 21st birthday? There's got to be a catch...

    I'm terrible at picking games so I would bet against every team that I'm picking.

    Ohhhhhh. Keith, I'm brutal at predictions and picks; that's why I don't bother.

    /41-13 Fly Eagles Fly

    ReplyDelete