I will once again update this thread with my thoughts and possibly videos as the day goes on. Here's the announcing schedule, Pam Ward Chronicles, and the games that I would watch.
- It looks like Cal actually came prepared for their cross-country trip, unlike last season against Maryland. Jahvid Best already has two touchdowns, including a long run that faked everyone out including the ESPN cameramen.
- Well Cal is leading at halftime, but they are lucky they aren't down to Minnesota. Special Teams has killed Cal so far in the game. The Special Teams have given Minnesota excellent field position, thus leading to the 14 points Minnesota has scored. Jahvid Best though already has three touchdowns in the game. And he still won't even get close to the Heisman this year.
- I thought Ohio State would struggle against Toledo. Especially after OSU lost that crushing game against USC and Toledo came off of that victory over Colorado. Boy was I wrong. Ohio State is crushing Toledo 24-0 with Terrelle Pryor actually looking like a great quarterback.
- Michigan is struggling so far against Eastern Michigan. Even though their offense looks good, the Michigan defense has struggled against Eastern Michigan.
- Cal barely escapes with the victory over Minnesota. Cal finally showed up and had a great 4th quarter. Jahvid Best finished the day with five touchdowns. Cal though has to play better on the road, especially next week when they travel to Oregon.
- The best game of the mourning though was the Kentucky-Louisville game. Both teams went back-and-forth scoring touchdowns. Kentucky scored the last touchdown with a Mike Hartline to Randall Cobb connection for the game winning touchdown. I will try and find video for this game.
- I thought Ohio St. might struggle against Toledo coming off of that crushing loss to USC. Boy was I wrong. Ohio St. crushed Toledo 38-0. Terrelle Pryor actually looked like a quarterback throwing for four touchdowns.
- Another week and another Big Ten loss to a MAC team at home. This time it was Purdue, who lost to Northern Illinois 28-21. Purdue gave up 454 yards of total offense to Northern Illinois in the game.
- Crazy game between Clemson and Boston College. The game has been delayed twice because of lightning. That game started 9 PST and it's almost over at 1:55 PST.
- Special teams have been atrocious between Oregon-Utah. Utah gave up a punt return touchdown early in the first quarter. Then Oregon has fumbled the ball on another punt return. Just bad football and crappy weather in Eugene. It's 20-7 Oregon with 4:45 left in the 2nd quarter.
- Possible upset alert. Washington-USC are tied at 10 at half. I said on Thursday this game has the possibility of an upset. USC had to travel to Ohio St. last week and won a very emotional game. Then this week USC had to travel to Washington facing off against their former offensive coordinator and an athletic quarterback. Pete Carroll is the king of halftime adjustments and it will be interesting to see how he adjusts to Washington.
- Everyone was expecting an upset in the Florida-Tennessee game, and they haven't got it yet. Florida is beating Tennessee 13-6 at half. I still think Tennessee would be winning this game if they didn't have Jonathon Crompton at quarterback. Crompton shouldn't be a quarterback for an SEC team.
- Are the blackshirts back for Nebraska? The Cornhuskers are beating Virginia Tech 12-10 at halftime. Both offenses have been terrible in the game. Nebraska has held Virginia Tech to only 136 yards of total offense so far in the game.
- Just passing along something The Big Lead found today. Has anyone else seen Erin Andrews with glasses before? And what do you think about the look? I can't say I'm the biggest fan, but Erin can make anything look good.
- Thanks to Stewart Mandel's Twitter account for this picture. Here are the horrible jersey's that Oregon is wearing today. Overt you head if you have bad eyes.
- With everyone watching the boring Tennessee-Florida game, there is the possibility of an upset in Seattle. It's 10-10 between USC and Washington in the 4th quarter. USC's offense hasn't done nothing all day and have even turned the ball over a couple of times. Washington's offense though hasn't been much better. Definitely one of the better defensive battles of the day so far.
- Well it's a final. USC has lost another early season Pac-10 game. Two years ago to Stanford. Last year to Oregon State. And this year to Washington. Jack Locker drove the Huskies down the field for the game winning field goal to make the final score 16-13. Matt Barkley and Taylor Mays absence was obviously a huge loss for USC in this game, but no excuses they can't lose these type of game. Now watch they will beat Cal by 30 two weeks from now.
Via JFein: Did the announcer say "caught Locker" or "cock blocker"? You decide.
- Also no one got their bloodbath between Florida and Tennessee. The Gator won 23-13, but their offense never looked that great in the game. If Tennessee had a real quarterback, they could have won this game.
- Also Virginia Tech came back from behind to beat Nebraska 16-15. Tyrod Taylor drove the Hokies down the field for the game-winning touchdown. Nebraska's offense struggled in the red zone all game long and were held without a touchdown.
- And Notre Dame escapes with a win over Michigan State. Sparty drove down the field against the Irish with time running down. But with the ball in Notre Dame's red zone, Sparty quarterback Kirk Cousins threw a back-breaking interception. Notre Dame escaped with the 33-30 victory.
- Here's the video of the game-winning field goal by Washington earlier today. Everyone thank JFein for providing the video today.
- Also Florida State is beating BYU 30-14 at half. If BYU loses combined with the Utah loss, then Boise State will have a straight shot at an BCS game.
- I'm glad ESPN decided the Tech-Texas game needed to be the game of the week. Texas is up 10-3 at half. The only offense in the game was a Jordan Shipley punt return for a touchdown. Other than that, the offenses in the game have stunk up the place.
- The Georgia-Arkansas game has been a shootout so far. Georgia who was down 21-10 in the first quarter took the 27-21 halftime lead. Despite three turnovers, Georgia has the lead at the start of the 2nd half.
- Thanks to JFein once again. He's found the video to the Virginia Tech-Nebraska game. Listen to the great call at the end of the game.
- Texas has finally taken a commanding lead against Texas Tech. Meanwhile Georgia is leading Arkansas by eight with 6:38 left in the game. This has been a great game to watch if you are a fan of offense.