April 15, 2014

Instant Replay Outrage

The initial outlook at instant replay in baseball hasn't been good. Between not being able to review every play, to running out of challenges, to the actual replay booth not having the same cameras as the TV networks to review plays, it hasn't been good.

Last night though I believe the reviewers flat got a call wrong. The play in question was whether or not JP Arrencibia controlled the ball while making a tag at home plate. I believe he still had control while making the tag and then lost control when making the exchange from his glove to his hand to make the throw to first. The reviewers didn't see it that way and changed their call. Ron Washington is with me on this argument.



I'll say this about the reviewers, that's one of those calls where no one would have been happy no matter how it was called. But to throw out Washington without explaining why the call is overturned just seems ludicrous to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment