June 3, 2013

George Strait Is The Greatest

I used to be a big fan of country music. Oh sure I still like the classics from Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Charley Pride, and Willie Nelson but today's country music makes me want to belch. It's just pop music with a twang. I'm not sure though how to classify George Strait. He's both classic and current and one of my personal favorite musicians. You can only imagine my glee then when Strait led a "Go Spurs Go" chant at one of his concerts.



God he's a national treasure. I could see him and Tim Duncan riding horses together outside of San Antonio. While we're talking about Strait, here's my favorite song of his the beautiful 'Amarillo by Morning'.



(Video via The Basketball Jones)

1 comment:

  1. I knew there was a reason why I liked you!

    (And "If You're Thinkin' You Want A Stranger" is a personal favorite song of mine).

    ReplyDelete