June 20, 2012

Baseball Is A Game For Cheaters

Let's just get this out of the way early. Baseball is a game for cheaters. I don't pretend to be shocked if a baseball player is cheating. That's why I don't get upset if someone is accused of stealing signs, taking roids or greenies, or trying to lather up a baseball with spit or pine tar. It especially amuses me though when pitchers try to cheat by putting some type of substance on the ball. Like Rays pitcher Joel Peralta.



Peralta's excuse that is his "pregame" glove is just as good as Sammy Sosa saying his corked bat is for "batting practice". Just freaking admit you tried to put pine tar on the ball.

So yeah Peralta tried to cheat last night and was caught before he could throw a pitch. I could feign surprise but I can't. I'm surprised more pitchers aren't caught trying to doctor the ball just like I'm more surprised there aren't more accusations of sign stealing. To quote Omar Little, "It's all in the game."

1 comment:

  1. My question is, why would you need pine tar on your glove for pregame workouts?

    ReplyDelete