February 28, 2012

Baseball Broadcaster Impressions

Over at Fangraphs they have asked commenters to rate their least to favorite baseball broadcasters for they can be ranked. Well I'm going to sorta kinda steal their idea for this upcoming season.

For the first time ever I bought the baseball package for my computer. I plan on watching as much baseball as possible that isn't the San Francisco Giants or the Oakland A's. My ultimate goal is to watch every broadcast for every team and give my impressions on the broadcast.

I'm not going to rank the broadcasters because that's been done multiple times before and they always come to the same conclusion (Vinny and the Mets broadcasters are the best, Hawk Harrelson is the worst human being on the planet).

No this will not be a ranking project but just simply an impressions project. I'm going to try my best and go into a broadcast with a clear mind and give as objectionable impressions as possible. Yes even for broadcasters I've been told so much about from RJBO and KT1000.

So over the course of the season you're going to see posts on my impressions of all the MLB broadcasts. I don't know how often the impressions posts will be published, could be a couple a week, could be none. I am though going to try my damnedest to complete this project.

You can help this project out my providing me with your own impressions of broadcasters you listen to throughout the year. MLB Network will simulcast several games throughout the season so you can watch some of the broadcasts without paying for mlb.tv and give me your impressions of those broadcasts. Also mlb.tv shows one game a day for free so you can also watch or listen to the radio broadcast. When providing me your impressions please try to have a clear mind and judge as objectionable as possible.

This should be a fun little project and I know I'm going to enjoy it because I'm watching baseball.

2 comments:

  1. Since I don't live in Giants territory anymore, I have to depend a lot on my MLB.tv package to watch Giants games, with the very notable exception of the series against the Rockies and the DBacks. (SLC is a little strange in that sense, anyway). But I will say that the Rockies guys (Drew Goodman and George Frazier) get on my nerves.

    Also, try to check out the radio broadcasts for a few innings, which is something I often do when I'm on my way home from work. If nothing else, it will give you a glimpse into just how boring of a play by play guy Ken Korach can really be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't told you enough about T-Mac, Wheels, and Sarge?

    /awful announcers

    ReplyDelete