December 30, 2011

View From Section 103

(Previously posted at Sactown Royalty)

Last night my dad, brother, brother's friend, and I attended the Kings-Bulls game in section 103. Before we get to the pictures from the game I have some scattered thoughts about last night.

- Aykis covered this better than I can, but I must say the Kings transition defense is even worse to watch in person. The Kings seriously looked like sheep being herded in transition. They would all either run straight to the basket leaving a shooter like Korver wide open or they would all go straight to the ball and leave someone else wide open for a layup.

- The Kings half-court defense ain't much better. They can barely rotate and once again look like sheep being herded which either leaves wide open shots for opposing players or offensive rebounds.

- We sat across from the Bulls bench and I lost all respect for that team last night. They whined after every little call. Every single person on that team with Thibs leading the group.

- The crowd was full but way too many Bulls fans which lead me to this realization. The Bulls are the NBA version of the Atlanta Braves. The Braves became a national team because their games were on TBS. The Bulls are cut from the same mold. I met 4 Bulls fans sitting around our seats and none of them have ever been to Chicago. They just watched games on WGN and decided to follow the Bulls. I grew up with someone who did the same thing with the Braves.


Now on to the pictures!
John Salmons says, "You're outta here!".
Jimmer! Jimmer! Jimmer! Jimmer! Jimmer! Jimmer! Jimmer! Jimmer! Jimmer! Jimmer! Jimmer!
I snapped this photo and then immediately yelled, "Fire Westphal!". I'm sure Section214 is proud of me.
Hayes: "Hey DMC. That guy next to you is the Iron Sheik."
DMC: "Seriously?"
(Check out the rest of the photo's here

2 comments: