October 20, 2010

Video: This is Sparta!

"Well, you know what the first thing I'm going to say is: 'Spartans! What is your profession?' "One of my favorite coaches in all of sports is Tom Izzo. There is something about the guy I've always loved. I would run through a wall for the guy. This next video is another reason why I love Tom Izzo. At Midnight Madness at the Breslin Center in East Lansing, Izzo brought out none other than King Leonidas to pump up the Sparty crowd. Yes, Gerard Butler made an appearance in East Lansing and went into full character. Butler yelled at the crowd, "Well, you know what the first thing I'm going to say is: 'Spartans! What is your profession?' " As the crowd cheered Butler spouted off his famous line from '300.'



Incredible! Incredible from the stand point that Butler would show up on a college campus and chant lines from his own movie. Incredible from the standpoint that Izzo, know as a showman at Midnight Madness, could pull something like that off. I love Tom Izzo and Sparty.

(Video via The Only Colors)

No comments:

Post a Comment