October 7, 2010

The Must List: Week 6

After a big week last week, this week's slate of college football games are fairly bland. The best game Saturday is Alabama at South Carolina and I don't expect that game to be much. This will probably be a good week to take off and enjoy a movie (For me, I'll probably be visiting my relatives.). Here are some games that you might enjoy Saturday.

Announcing schedule via 506

October, 7th
Nebraska at Kansas State (ESPN, 7:30)- This game couldn't excite me any less, even though both teams are undefeated. I'm not excited about this game because I don't expect this game to be that competitive. I expect Nebraska to roll over Kansas State and put Bill Snyder out of his misery.



October, 9th
Indiana at Ohio State (ESPN, Noon)- This game would normally not interest me, but since Indiana has an offense I'm interested in this game. Of course that could have been a big mirage because Indiana played against Michigan and the Wolverines don't field an defense.

Alabama at South Carolina (CBS, 3:30)- Alabama ends their three-game hell trip with a visit to Columbus to play Spurrier and South Carolina. While I feel Alabama will blow out South Carolina, I do feel Spurrier could pull a rabbit out of his visor and upset Bama. And who wouldn't want Spurrier defeating Saban for the press-conference alone? Would Spurrier say, "Can't spell Liberty without AL?"

Michigan State at Michigan (ABC, 3:30)- Last season Michigan State started Michigan's losing streak with a victory in East Lansing. This year little brother visits the Big House looking to do the same thing. Mark Dantonio is expected to coach for Sparty after sitting out the past two weeks after suffering a heart attack and blood clot.

Arkansas vs. Texas A&M (ABC, 3:30)- Like I said, this week's of games are bland. So much in fact that this game actually interests me. I'm interested to see how Ryan Mallett has recovered from his rough 2nd half against Alabama from a couple of weeks back.

Colorado at Missouri (FSN, 7:00)- This game isn't interesting, it's just the 20th anniversary of this famous moment.



LSU at Florida (ESPN, 7:30)- Both teams are coming off big games. And not in a good way. Florida was trounced last week in Alabama while LSU won that bizarre game against Tennessee.  I expect one bad snap by the Florida center and one bad time management screw up by Les Miles in this game.

USC at Stanford (ABC, 8:00)- It's time for Harbaugh to run up the score on Lane Kiffin.

Florida State at Miami (ABC, 8:00)- Remember when this game used to mean something? I don't either because it's been 10 years since either of these schools were relevant. And you know this is a bland college football week when Kirk and Brent will be at this game despite it not meaning much. Just a boring week of college football games.

Recipe of the Week, Bacon Cheese Fries: If you're not going to enjoy the college football games, you can at least enjoy plugging your arteries. What I love about this recipe is that this meal is simple to make with very few ingredients.

Alcoholic Beverage of the Week, Dogfish Head Punkin Ale: This is a Kris Thompson special. He told me about this beer last week, so I decided to make it the alcoholic beverage of the week. I found this beer interesting for two reasons. 1) Dogfish Head decided to name the beer "Punkin Ale" instead of Pumpkin Ale. 2) Because of this video to go along with the beer.

1 comment:

  1. Baseball is thankful the college football weekend sucks.

    ReplyDelete