September 9, 2010

The Must List: Week 2

Week 2 of the college football season is monster week or behemoth week or whatever ESPN has named this week. We do get a full slate of great games and just my luck, I'll be gone for most of the day. Just like how RJBO has to go to a family reunion, I also have to go to a family get together. Don't worry though, there will be an open thread for all the games on Saturday and I'll be around for the morning and night games. Until then, here's this week's Must List.

Here's the announcing schedule courtesy of The506.

Thursday, September 9th
Auburn @ Mississippi State (ESPN, 7:30)- Two up and coming teams in the SEC face off against each other in a early season conference game. Auburn is lead by quarterback and former Florida transfer Cam Newton an exciting signal caller and the perfect match for that Gus Malzahn offense. Mississippi State is also an exciting offensive team. Should be a fun little shootout until the Saints-Vikings game kickoffs.

Saturday, September 11th
Georgia @ South Carolina (ESPN, 12:00)- Another great early season SEC conference game. Both teams looked awesome in their opening games, but that was against cupcake opponents. Let's see how these teams fare against each other. I was excited to watch this game, until I saw Davie Jones' Locker is announcing the game.

South Florida @ Florida (SEC Network, 12:00)- South Florida is an upstart team that always seemed on the verge of a BCS game until imploding. That was the Jim Leavitt era and now we're in the Skip Holtz era. South Carolina should be more composed under Holtz. Florida meanwhile was anything but composed last week in their closer than the score indicates game against Miami(Ohio). We'll see if South Florida could actually make this an interesting game.



Michigan @ Notre Dame (NBC, 3:30)- One of the more anticipated games of the weekend. Both teams looked great in their openers and of course the un-warranted hype followed which I'm not buying into. I am interested to see how well Michigan quarterback Denard Robinson plays on the road and whether or not the Notre Dame defense can stop him.

Florida State @ Oklahoma (ABC, 3:30)- The under-the-radar game of the week. While Penn State-Alabama and Michigan-Notre Dame have received this week's hype, people have forgotten about Florida State at Oklahoma. Florida State's offense looked spectacular last week, while the Oklahoma defense struggled against Utah State. Should be fun on Saturday watching which side will prevail.

Miami @ Ohio State (ESPN, 3:40)- I don't know what to make of this game. I guess it doesn't have the same appeal to me like it should, because Miami has been mediocre for the past six years. What we do know is this game features two exciting quarterbacks (Terrelle Pryor, Jacory Harris) and two veteran defenses. I wouldn't expect a lot of scoring in this game.

BYU @ Air Force (VS, 4:00)- I suggest watching this game if you can stomach Beninati and Stouffer.

Penn State @ Alabama (ESPN, 7:00)-
My vote for the most over-hyped game of the weekend. Penn State is entering the game with a Freshman quarterback making just his second career start in a hostile environment. If this game isn't a blowout, I'll be surprised.

Stanford @ UCLA (ESPN, 10:30)-
I wonder if Slick Rick will have a Pete Carroll moment if Jim Harbaugh runs up the score on UCLA like he did to USC last year?

Recipe of the Week, Bacon Bourbon Popcorn-
Depending on how you feel about Bacon or Bourbon or Popcorn, this is a damn good recipe. And the great thing about this little snack, it's easy to make. The Starter Wife has this easy to follow instructional video for everyone who wants to make Bacon Bourbon Popcorn.



Alcoholic Beverage of the Week, Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale:
We're starting to move into the fall. The weather is cooling so it's time to start drinking seasonal beers. I stumbled upon Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale when I worked for the Coors distributorship in Sacramento. Admittedly I've never liked Ale beers. They taste bitter too me, so I stay away from them. This beer on the other hand though tastes sweet and delicious. It can be hard to find, but the brewery home page has a list of locations where you can find this beer.

1 comment:

  1. If this game isn't a blowout, I'll be surprised.

    Penn State has no chance against 'Bama.

    ReplyDelete