May 24, 2010

The Rundown, 5/24/2010

Craig Sager's Suit: I guess I really shouldn't be surprised when Craig Sager wears a suit like this, but I am. That suit is so awful that Phil Jackson made fun of Sager during the between quarters interview.



Brown Out in Cleveland: Silly editors think they are so funny using the headline, "Brown Out" for their story on recently fired Cleveland Cavaliers coach Mike Brown. It's so funny that a poor guy lost his job despite the fact that he doesn't play. "Brown Out", calm on we can make better headlines than that.

I Now Have Interest In the French Open: The French Open started yesterday with a few mundane matchups. The biggest headline from France yesterday was a risque outfit Venus Williams wore for her first round match. It was a black see-through outfit with lots of lace. Here's how Venus describes it, "The outfit is about illusion,'' Williams said. "And that's been a lot of my motif this year.'' By the way, Venus is playing the best Tennis of her career and should be playing for the title in a couple of weeks.


Milton Bradley Takes Responsibility: At the beginning of the month, Seattle Mariners outfielder Milton Bradley was placed on the "restricted list" for he could take care of some personnel problems. Bradley has finally opened up since then and is no longer blaming others for his problems.

"I used to put responsibility on other people,'' Bradley said. "That part of my life is over. The thing I've learned is that I have to take responsibility for what I do now.''

Bradley has been receiving counseling to help him deal with his anger issues. I truly hope Bradley continues to seek treatment. Milton became a punchline in recent years because of his outbursts and anger problems. He needed help and I was glad to see he asked the Mariners for that help and they gladly gave it to him. Get well soon, Milton.

1 comment:

  1. Keith, I saw the pic of Venus from behind (via Melchior's site)...not really interested (unless Serena would have done this a few years ago). Call me if Caroline Wozniacki plays in something similar.

    ReplyDelete