Once again use this thread to discuss all the college football games you are currently watching. I will once again update the thread with comments, quotes, pictures, and videos throughout the day. Have fun and enjoy some college football.
Here's this week's must list and announcing schedule
- I forgot to mention that the Gameday boys were in Colorado Springs at the United States Air Force Academy. When predicting the games today, Lee Corso put on the Air Force mascot head.
- This could be the end for Iowa. Their starting quarterback Ricky Stanzi got hurt and had to leave for the locker room. Stanzi's backup immediately thew an interception and now Northwestern is driving down the field on Iowa. 10-7 Iowa in the 2nd quarter with Northwestern in the red zone.
- Where's Kris? Maryland is beating NC State 21-17 in the 2nd quarter. This game is actually pretty exciting despite the teams.
- And an undefeated team goes down. Iowa loses for the first time this season 17-10 to Northwestern. Ricky Stanzi got hurt in this game, essentially ending all of Iowa's chances at staying undefeated. Now there is only 5 undefeated teams in the nation.
Now we got the boring mourning games out of the way, on to the more exciting afternoon games.
- Navy is beating Notre Dame 14-0 in the 2nd quarter. Notre Dame can't stop Navy's triple-option offense if they liked to.
- Here's the highlights to the Iowa-Northwestern game. Iowa lost for the first time this season, knocking them out of the national title picture.
- After two consecutive fumbles, Oregon scored to make the game 24-14 Stanford in the 2nd quarter. Oregon has been suffering from a hangover from the USC game so far. It will be interesting to see if they can come back and beat Furd.
- 7-3 LSU over Alabama at half. Alabama still hasn't scored a touchdown in almost two complete games. Alabama also has more net yards than LSU in the game, but they haven't been able to score when they are in the red zone.
- 31-14 Stanford over Oregon at half. Stanford already has over 300 total yards in the game, including 189 passing yards. Oregon is obviously suffering from the hangover affect from the USC game.
- It's a final from South Bend. Navy beat Notre Dame 23-21. Navy never beat Notre Dame for 43 straight years. Then Navy beat the Irish in 2007 at South Bend and now the Middies have beat the Irish twice in three years and both times coming in South Bend. I can't imagine Charlie Weis making it past this year. A loss to USC is understandable, but two loses to Navy in three years? Get Cincinnati coach Brian Kelly on the phone.
- Down goes Oregon. The Ducks lost to Stanford 51-42. Even though USC lost to Oregon, the door just re-opened for USC to get a berth to a BCS game. The Pac-10 has been one of the best conferences in the nation this year.
I will be in and out for the rest of the night, but I will try and upload as many video's and comments as possible.
- At least Notre Dame fans aren't taking the Navy loss hard or anything.
- Sad night for all Cal football fans. Jahvid Best was carried off the field on a stretcher after an unbelievable fall in the end zone. This fall and injury goes to show that there is more in life than football. Oregon State is beating Cal 21-7 at half, but the score obviously doesn't matter at this point. I can't watch this video, but I want everyone to see what the severe impact of the fall and what happens to Jahvid's body.
I'm out for the night everyone. Thoughts and Prayers with Jahvid, Jahvid's family and the Cal Bear family.