August 30, 2012

Must List: Week 1

I realized college football was back this week when I woke up Monday morning and could feel a chill in the air. That's how I always realize college football and the fall are right around the corner. That slight chill. Well we're finally here with the season starting Thursday and we have games through Monday. As always with the Must List these are games that I think are interesting and I will try to persuade you into watching these games with me. Here's this week's Must List.

Thursday, August 30th (All Times Eastern)
South Carolina at Vanderbilt, 7:00 (ESPN: Rece Davis, Jesse Palmer, David Pollack, Samantha Steele): I love how everyone gets hyped up for the beginning of the season and then we're reminded suddenly that the first game of the year usually sucks. Remember South Carolina vs Southern Miss? Or last year's stinker UNLV at Wisconsin? Well the opening game this year actually has some intrigue and should actually be *gasp* good! Vanderbilt is a veteran team that might actually compete this year in the SEC. South Carolina should always be interesting just because of Steve Spurrier. This should be a good game. /crosses fingers //watch this game suck ///thankfully Craig James won't be there to ruin everything

Sacramento State at New Mexico State, 8:00 (Aggie Vision: Glen Cerny, Danny Knee): I add this game for selfish reasons. I'm a Sac State grad so I'm looking forward to actually watching them. Plus Sac Sate upset a bigger opponent last year, Oregon State, so I want to see them do it again. /Watch Sac State get blown out

Washington State at BYU, 10:15 (ESPN: Joe Tessitore, Matt Millen): Mike Leach makes his Washington State debut and Tessitore is on the call! And then there's Matt Millen to ruin everything. Millen won't ruin my complete and utter joy at the fact the Pirate is back and facing off against a solid BYU team.


Friday, August 31st
Boise State at Michigan State, 8:00 (ESPN: Carter Blackburn, Rod Gilmore, Jemele Hill): I don't know what this says about Boise State or Michigan State for that matter, but this game to me doesn't seem like it's getting the press that the past Boise State opening games against a bigger school would. Probably because both teams start the year with new QB's and the fact Michigan State is starting the year with all new receivers. This won't persuade me though from not watching what should be a competitive game.

Saturday, September 1st 
Notre Dame at Navy, Noon (CBS: Verne Lundquist, Gary Danielson, Tracy Wolfson, David Feherty): The thought of Uncle Verne spending a weekend in Dublin. The thought of the reaction if Notre Dame lost against to Navy but this time in Ireland. Also add to the fact that the morning games on the first week are normally week, no exceptions this year, and this game should have your full attention on Saturday morning.

Tulsa at Iowa State, 3:30 (FSN: Mark Followill, Gary Reasons): First weeks in college football are usually pretty weak. There's maybe two games that will be actually competitive but they're at night so you're wasting time watching minor games to kill time. Well this is one of those minor games to kill time and see if Tulsa is still a high powered offense.

Miami at Boston College, 3:30 (ABC: Bob Wischusen, Danny Kanell, Maria Taylor): Like I said you need games to kill time before the bigger night games. This is one of those games.

Southern Miss at Nebraska, 3:30 (ABC: Mike Patrick, Ed Cunningham, Jeannine Edwards): Ditto for this game as well. I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited to see if Bo Pelini finally murders Taylor Martinez on the sideline. Hell just that reason alone Nebraska will have my attention for the entire year.

Colorado State vs. Colorado, 4:00 (FX:Craig Bolerjack, Joel Klatt, Petros Papadakis): I fully admit to being a sucker for rivalry games even if they are minor games like Colorado and Colorado State. Yes I fully admit to being hokey.

Clemson vs. Auburn, 7:00 (ESPN: Brad Nessler, Todd Blackledge, Holly Rowe): This game makes me laugh because once again Clemson is highly ranked and they start the year playing a tough opponent. Yes I'm aware Clemson made it to a BCS game last year, they of course were crushed, but do you really trust this team? Would it surprise you if Clemson gets crushed by Auburn? This is a game to watch at least the first half to see if Clemson gets crushed.

Alabama vs. Michigan, 8:00 (ABC: Brent Musberger, Kirk Herbstreit): I'm honestly afraid for Michigan in this game. They're ranked, they have expectations, and they're playing only a short flight away from Alabama. Yes I realize Alabama has some holes on defense and a new running back. It doesn't matter to me. I still think Michigan will be lucky if they don't get crushed in this game.

Sunday, September 2nd
Kentucky at Louisville, 3:30 (ESPN: Carter Blackburn, Rod Gilmore, Jemele Hill): Another minor rivalry game that I'll at least watch the first half of.

Monday, September 3rd
Georgia Tech at Virginia Tech, 8:00 (ESPN: Sean McDonough, Chris Spielman, Quint Kessenich): This game quitely is the most important game of the weekend. Auburn, Michigan, Alabama, and Clemson can all lose their game this weekend but it won't affect conference standings and ultimately might not affect their BCS chances. This game though in Blacksburg could be for a ACC divisional title. Yes this early in the season Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech could be playing for a conference championship appearance and division title.

Alcoholic Beverage of the Week, Island Blonde : It's still warm outside so I'm still drinking beers. Island Blonde from the Island Brewing Company has become a favorite of mine recently. It's an Ale that isn't too strong, I usually dislike ale's, and has a nice hop aftertaste.

Recipe of the Week, Blue Cheese Burger: I saw the recipe for this burger and the first thought I had was your poor mouth probably wouldn't be able to handle this burger. You mix blue cheese, chives and Worcestershire sauce with your hamburger meat to create a blue cheer burger. Just imagine the indigestion problems you'll have after eating this?

2 comments:

  1. You're not excited for Oklahoma v UTEP? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's SHOCKING news in the sports betting world.

    It's been said that every bettor needs to see this,

    Watch this or stop betting on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Advanced Sports Betting Software.

    ReplyDelete