May 4, 2012

MLB Cancels Games Today In Remembrance of Mariano Rivera

With the news that Yankees closer Mariano Rivera is out for the year with a torn ACL, MLB has released a statement stating the commissioners office has decided to cancel all games today in remembrance of Mariano Rivera. 

The office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced this morning that all MLB games will be canceled for today to remember fallen Yankees closer Mariano Rivera.

"Today is a day for remembrance," said MLB commissioner Allan H. "Bud" Selig. "We shall remember the life and legacy of one of the greatest players in baseball history with a day off. I feel like there isn't another way to honor a patriotic Yankee."

MLB would also like to send out condolences to the Rivera family, the Yankee organization, and the millions of Yankee mourners. We are truly sadden by the loss of Rivera.

"But I'm not dead," said Rivera. "I may be 42-years old, but this was a freak accident and I'll be back. I was in great shape before this and will be in great shape next season. I'll overcome this. Please stop with the remembrances of my career."

Farewell sweet prince. You'll be missed.

1 comment: