This is a weird week for college football. The most exciting games are either in the mourning or afternoon. There really isn't a single night game worth checking out besides the Georgia Tech-Virginia Tech game. I'm not sure if I like college football this way with the early games being the best ones or with the night games being the best of the weekend. So enjoy your college football weekend and feel free to leave comments, quotes, or links to videos throughout the day.
Here's this week's Must List and Announcing Schedule
- Texas vs. Oklahoma is on first thing this mourning. So this game will carry all of my attention until it's over. I will try my hardest to watch some of the other games going on this mourning.
- Two long passes put Oklahoma in the red zone. But three straight incompletions forced Oklahoma to kick a field goal. The field goal was shanked and hit the post, but still made it through the up rights. 3-0 Oklahoma.
- On Texas' first possession, Colt McCoy was sacked and fumbled the ball. Oklahoma recovered, but Sam Bradford re-injured his shoulder again on the first play. Landry Jones' stache couldn't move the chains, so Texas has the ball again.
- OU forced a Texas punt. Landry Jones came back out at quarterback for OU and lead them down the field, but once again the OU offense stalled and was forced to kick a field goal. 6-0 Oklahoma.
- In a defensive struggle, the Longhorns caught a break on a Oklahoma muffed punt. Texas though couldn't get the touchdown off of the turnover and was forced to kick a field goal. 6-3 Oklahoma with 3:42 left in the 1st half.
- What a weird 1st half in the Oklahoma-Texas game. Fumbles, bad offense, and great defense dictated the play in the 1st half for both teams. It's 6-3 Oklahoma at halftime, but it feels like this game should have no score. Just a weird game to watch.
- The game people need to be watching is the Purdue-Ohio State game. You can then watch in person Terrelle Pryor turning into the JaMarcus Russell of college football. Ohio State has fumbled the ball three times in the game. It's 16-7 Purdue over Ohio State in the 3rd quarter.
- Texas received the opening kickoff for the 2nd half and drove down the field. But once again, the Oklahoma defense held and forced a field goal. 6-6 in Dallas.
- Texas adjusted their offense in halftime and it has worked. Texas has scored 10 points already in the 3rd quarter. 13-6 Texas.
- And we finally have a game in Dallas. Oklahoma responded to Texas' touchdown with one of their own. Ryan Boyles caught a 35-yard touchdown. 13-13 in Dallas.
- And once again, the Oklahoma defense held Texas to a field goal. 16-13 Texas in the 4th quarter.
- It's a final. Purdue beat Ohio State 26-18. Ohio State tried to make the game interesting by scoring late, but the Purdue offense picked up a key 1st down late in the game to put away Ohio State. Terrelle Pryor threw 2 interceptions and lost one fumble.
- Right now Iowa is in the drivers seat in the Big Ten. Iowa beat Wisconsin today 20-10 to remain undefeated on the season and in the Big Ten.
- Here's the video of Bradford's injury. Sam Bradford re-injured his shoulder on the 8th play of the game for Oklahoma and has been out ever since.
- It wasn't pretty, but Texas beat Oklahoma 16-13. If Texas is happy with this win, then they shouldn't expect to go to the National Championship game. Texas struggled throughout the day against an injured and banged up Oklahoma team. They should have beat Oklahoma by 10 points, especially since Sam Bradford was out of the game.
- On to the Notre Dame-USC game and the Cal-UCLA game for me. I couldn't care less about the Florida-Arkansas game on CBS.
- 10-3 Arkansas over Florida at half. Three Florida turnovers in the red zone has killed the Gators today. They are lucky Arkansas is only up by a touchdown at half. But keep an eye on this game for the possible upset.
- The Cal offense choose the wrong game to finally wake up. After scoring only 6 points against Oregon and USC in back-to-back weeks, Cal has scored 35 points in the first half against UCLA. Cal leads UCLA 35-20 at half.
- This picture is via Sports by Brooks. Apparently the Minnesota cheerleaders were caught with some Captain Morgan before the Golden Gophers game against Penn State.
- USC is beating Notre Dame 13-7 at half. A Matt Barkley touchdown pass and two field goals are the points for USC so far. Notre Dame was able to score off a fake field goal. Notre Dame faked a field goal and ran the ball to the 2-yard line where Robert Hughes was able to run it in from there.
- Penalties and missed field goals is what Arkansas will look back on in their 23-20 loss to Florida. Two iffy penalties gave Florida great field position that set up a tieing touchdown. Arkansas drove down the field, but their kicker missed the go-ahead field goal. That gave Florida the opportunity to drive down the field and kick the game-winning field goal. Florida won 23-20, but like Texas they weren't very impressive.
- California responded to their two loses, by blowing out UCLA 45-26. The offense finally got back on track and Jahvid Best broke a spectacular run for a touchdown in the first half. I should have the YouTube video of that play soon.
- USC beat Notre Dame 34-27 in South Bend. Notre Dame had plenty of chances to tie the game, but USC was able to hold on for the victory.
All right kiddo's. There really isn't much on college football wise for the rest of the night. I will be in and out for the rest of the night trying to update the thread. Enjoy you night and enjoy the NFL games tomorrow. I won't be around tomorrow for the NFL Live Blog, so everyone have fun.
- You knew we couldn't go one week without a top ten team losing. This week it was Virginia Tech. The Hokies lost to Georgia Tech 28-23. Josh Nesbitt scored three touchdowns in the game, including a fourth quarter touchdown which would be the dagger for Virginia Tech. With that loss, Boise State will probably move up to either the fourth or fifth ranking in the country.
- I know no one is paying attention to this game, but Kansas has come back from a 21-0 deficit, to take the 30-27 lead. I don't know if Dan Hawkins can survive if Colorado loses this game. Colorado is driving with 12 minutes left in the game.
- This game is unreal. Now Colorado has taken the 34-30 lead, but Todd Reesing is leading Kansas down the field. I don't think either defenses can stop the offenses right now.
- And it's a final in Boulder, Colorado. The Buffaloes of Colorado beat Kansas 34-30 giving the Jayhawks their first loss of the season. The Big XII North is wide open right now with Nebraska, Kansas, and Missouri all with losses now.
I'm out for the night. Have fun watching the NFL games tomorrow.