Dang! We are already half way through the college football season. The season really hasn't disappointed. We've had upsets and classic finishes. JFein should be around for most of the day, until his Phillies play later tonight. I will be around all day and especially for the night games. As always I will update this thread throughout the day with my comments announcer quotes, and videos of today's games.
Here's the Must List, announcing schedule, and Pam Ward Chronicles.
- In honor of Greg Paulus throwing his college football leading 10th interception this season today, I give you this video.
- If everyone wants to watch a game with two impotent quarterbacks, then I suggest watching the Tennessee-Georgia game. Joe Cox has already thrown an interception for Georgia and Jonathon Crompton is due to throw an interception for Tennessee.
- I'm never making another prediction again. I predicted a high scoring game between Arkansas and Auburn. Arkansas is living up to this expectation, but Auburn isn't. 27-3 Arkansas with one minute left in the 1st half.
- After throwing his 10 interception, Syracuse finally pulled Greg Paulus. It didn't matter as Syracuse lost 34-13 to West Virginia.
- After taking an early 10-0 lead, Purdue once again fell apart this time to Minnesota. The Golden Gophers scored 21 unanswered points before Purdue finally scored. Purdue ended up losing that game 35-20.
- After Auburn scored 20 unanswered points in the third quarter, Arkansas responded by stuffing Auburn's drives and answered with two touchdowns and a field goal. Auburn loses for the first time this year 44-23 to Arkansas.
- Check out this stat line from Ohio State's Terrelle Pryor from the 1st half. 4 for 12, 70 yards, 1 touchdown, and 1 interception. It's amazing that Pryor was last year's number one recruit out of high school. Ohio St. 14 Wisconsin 10 at half.
- 3-0 UCLA over Oregon at half. Pac-10 Football: Where Scoring Happens!
- 16-0 Alabama over Ole Miss at half. Three field goals and a late 2nd quarter Mark Ingram touchdown run is all the scoring in this game. Ole Miss offense looks like they are trying to run in cement. Alabama does have a great defense though.
Here are the highlights of the Tennessee-Georgia game. Tennessee quarterback Jonathon Crompton had the best game of his college career. I'm sure after this game Lane Kiffin ripped down the Peyton Manning statue in front of Neyland Stadium and put up his own statue.
Here are the highlights of the Arkansas-Auburn game. Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallet had a huge game, while Auburn lost for the first time this season.
- Ole Miss has continued as this year's biggest fraud. After losing to South Carolina last week, Ole Miss was hammered 22-3 by Alabama. Ole Miss only had 193 total yards on offense all day.
- Be prepared for, "How tough is Tim Tebow? Two weeks ago he suffered a concussion and this week he's playing. What a warrior." talk from Uncle Vern and Gary.
- I don't know how much stock we should take in this score, but Colorado is beating Texas 14-10 at half. Texas always seems to be a 2nd half type of team, so it will be interesting to see how the Longhorns respond in the 2nd half.
- 10-3 Florida at half. Tebow just handed the ball off at first, but then started looking more like himself in the 2nd quarter. Tebow threw a touchdown pass to Riley Cooper, with the help of Cooper cheating to get free from the defensive back and the ref not noticing.
- Well it wasn't pretty, but the Gators beat LSU 13-3 in Baton Rouge. Florida's offense struggled in the red zone all night, but LSU's offense wasn't much better. LSU only had 161 total yards in the game, while having 65 penalty yards.
I'm out for the night. The Sharks are playing and the Iowa-Michigan game is late in the 4th quarter. Everyone enjoy the rest of their nights, and be here tomorrow for the NFL Live Blog with Mookie, JFein, and myself.