Back for week 5 in college football. The mourning games don't look all that promising, but the afternoon and night games do. I will once again be updating this thread with my thoughts, pictures, and whatever videos JFein finds. So enjoy the games and feel free to leave your comments on the game that you are watching.
Here's this week's announcing schedule, must list, and Pam Ward Chronicles.
- Alabama is only up on Kentucky 7-6 in the 2nd quarter. Penalties and Kentucky's defense have killed the Crimson Tide offense so far. It's too bad Mike Hartline is the Kentucky quarterback, or the Wildcats would be leading this game. On the other hand though, Kentucky has been very successful running the ball off the guard.
- Sorry for the lack of updates, but these mourning games are God awful. The only game worth watching is on the Big Ten Network. Michigan St. is beating Michigan 20-6 with time running out in the 4th quarter.
- HOLY HELL! TATE FORCIER HAS DONE IT AGAIN! HE LEAD MICHIGAN ON A 2:00 MINUTE 80 YARD DRIVE TO TIE THE GAME AGAINST MICHIGAN STATE. THAT GAME IS NOW GOING INTO OVERTIME. FORGET TEBOW, WHERE'S THE STATUES OF TATE FORCIER?
- All right put away your Forcier statues. In overtime against Sparty, Forcier threw an deflected interception in the end zone. Michigan State then scored a touchdown in the overtime to beat Michigan for the second consecutive year.
UPDATE!: Here's the video to the terrific ending to the Michigan-Michigan State game.
Other than that game, the rest of these games are terrible. I'm going to eat lunch and come back for the afternoon games.
- Watching the LSU-Georgia game is painful. Georgia hasn't been able to anything on offense all day. Matter of fact Georgia only had one first down in the first half. LSU isn't much better on offense. LSU has been able to drive down the field on Georgia, but has only came away with two field goals. 6-0 LSU at half.
- Without Kevin Prince playing quarterback, UCLA has struggled at Stanford. The Bruins are losing 14-3 at half. Kevin Craft has been playing quarterback for UCLA and he has proven that he is the worst quarterback on the West Coast with his performance today so far.
- The first half in the Washington-Notre Dame game has just ended with a Washington field goal, leaving the Huskies with the 17-16 lead. Locker looked good driving Washington down the field with time running out in the half to set up the field goal attempt.
- It took overtime this week to escape with a victory over a mediocre this week. Notre Dame beat Washington 37-30 in overtime on a Robert Hughes run. I'm not impressed at all this season with Notre Dame. Other people can slobber all over them, but I won't. They needed late-game heroics to beat Michigan State, Purdue, and Washington this season. I'm sorry that isn't very impressive.
- Bizarre ending to the Georgia-LSU game. With LSU leading 12-7 late in the 4th quarter, Georgia QB Joe Cox lead the Bulldogs down the field that set up a A.J. Green touchdown pass. A horrible touchdown celebration penalty on Green gave LSU great field position. Charles Scott took a handoff 33-yards for the game winning LSU touchdown. While they had to be helped out by the refs, LSU did escape with the victory to remain undefeated. The Florida Tebows visit LSU next week in a match up of undefeated teams.
Oh yeah, in this game a LSU player was throwing up on the field. And CBS decided that was important enough to show the audience. With the LSU player throwing up, CBS announcer Gary Danielson got off this line, "that's the definition of sick." Thanks Garry.
- Thanks to JFein, we have found some more videos. The first one is the game-winning touchdown from LSU against Georgia.
- Here is the game-winning touchdown in the Notre Dame-Washington game. Once again Notre Dame gets lucky.
- During Gameday, Lee Corso put on the Florida State head gear while in Boston College. Well an Eagles fan didn't like that and threw a hard hat at Mr. Corso.
- Oklahoma is leading 10-7 over Miami at halftime. Jacory Harris looked like a deer in the headlights at first, but settled down nicely by the end of the half.
- The same can't be said for Kevin Riley of Cal. Since throwing an interception in the end zone on the first drive of the game, Riley lost all of his confidence. With Riley unable to complete a pass, USC has loaded the box to stop Jahvid Best. USC currently leads 20-0 at halftime.