April 8, 2011

2011 Smack-Off Open Thread

Today is the annual Jim Rome Show Smack-Off. The best callers to his program make one phone call to the show today and whatever is the best call wins the Smack-Off. You can even bet on who will be the best caller today. I would bet money on Mike in Indy. His time has come to win one of these. So it back and relax and enjoy the Smack-Off. Use this thread to discuss the best callers.

Catch up on the history of the Smack-Off here.

Top Ten Callers
10. Joe in the OC
9. Israel
8. Mike in San Diego
7. Mike in Indy
6. Jay Mohr
5. Dan in DC
4.Vic in NoCal
3. Iafrate
2. Stevie in LMU
Winner: Brad in Corona

Impression of the 2011 Smack-Off: I personally thought this was the weakest Smack-Off I've listened to since I started listening to the Smack-Off about 8 years ago. None of the calls really blew me away. Just a weak field and not enough callers.

@RJBO: If you caught the Smack-Off, what was your impression?

35 comments:

  1. For the first hour, I have to listen to a stream of the show. So I'll be a little behind everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't listened to Rome in about four years but I do love the Smack-Off and will listen today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I said, I'm on a delay for the first hour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. I may not have listened in a while, but I've never liked Jeff in Richmond.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Memo to Ray-Ray. Put on a Hat-Hat."-Jeff in Richmond

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a bad call by Jeff in Richmond.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That call has me pumped up. Great to hear Jeff in Richmond again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love me some angry Dan in DC calls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "She (Rothlisberger's future bride) will need immunity to roofies."-Dan in DC

    That made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good call by Dan in DC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Jay Mohr call was great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Four calls the first hour. Rome definitely doesn't take as many phone calls for the Smack-Off as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This call is dragging on.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These two calls to start this hour have sucked.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too many of these calls are just dragging on.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Mark: Yeah, these first three calls have dragged on and haven't been that good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Here we go. Iafrate is calling.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoyed that call by Iafrate.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Cablinasian on Twitter sounds like a bitter ex-girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Joe's voice is annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I normally don't like Joe, but I am enjoying this call.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I remember that call by Steve in LMU back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I still liked Iafrate's call more than Brad's.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good job Brad. Not enough to win though.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Is this finally the year for Mike in Indy?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Too much one topic for Vic. That won't win it for him.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Either Mike in Indy or Iafrate should be the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Iafrate is my winner.

    ReplyDelete
  29. And Brad in Corona is the winner. Good call, but not my winner. Iafrate was my guy.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I see why I haven't listened to the Smack-Off in a while. It sucked this year.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just got home. Did catch the Smackoff thanks to my phone and a WKNR stream, who ran the entire edition live, unlike WDFN who went with Tigers Opening Day Coverage instead.

    Keith, totally agree about this year's version. Some of those calls would've been run one minute in (looking at you, Israel). I would've went with Carbone to win, but that Declan Sullivan crack cost him.

    ReplyDelete