January 14, 2009

Does Anyone Notice Doris Burke?

Maybe because I have never noticed, but Doris Burke occasionally calls men's college basketball games for ESPN with Dave O'Brein.

I actually just noticed tonight with the Syracuse and Georgetown game. So I did some more research and found out that she has called other action.

According to her Wikipedia page, she was the first women to call New York Knicks games and also does analyst work for WNBA games.

Anyways during the Syracuse-Georgetown game I noticed that she really isn't that bad. She never said anything that was totally ridiculous and never talked about her personnel life,like some analyst do(Steve Lavin). And she actually knows about the game she is talking about.

I hope she calls some more action for ESPN.

No comments:

Post a Comment